Just in time for Back to School Season OOTS! sent us their amazing deluxe lunchbox for review and you can win one at the end of this post!
The OOTS! deluxe lunchbox has many features I really love! From the hard plastic exterior to the ample space inside to the strap. The strap obviously is the handle for the lunchbox but also...
... a water bottle strap! Not many lunchboxes are designed to hold your lunch AND your drink. Plus since the water bottle strap is elastic you can fit a regular water bottle or your favorite reusable drink container:
My kids were thrilled about this feature because our LEGO water bottle is very tall and does not fit into any of our other lunchboxes. But is does fit into our new OOTS! lunchbox!
The deluxe lunchbox comes with 5 lunch containers: 1 large container and 4 small ones. The large one holds up to two cups and the small ones about 1 cup. I love the versatility of having so many containers and since they are dishwasher, freezer and microwave safe they are incredibly user friendly. They also have a finger grip on the top of the lid for easy retrieval from the lunch box!
So, What's for lunch?
- yellow peppers and a whole tomato, sliced
- gluten free crackers and Swiss cheese
- a ham, cheese and salad wrap
- a whole small apple, sliced and cored
- and almonds
That is a lot for lunch? I agree. BUT, not if you see it like this:
This was enough food for my 10 year old plus an afternoon snack. It would have also been enough for me plus snack which means this box will be very versatile! Too much food for your Kindergartners? No problem! Just pack as many containers as you need and pack the lunchbox differently:
For example with two small containers and the water bottle inside the lunchbox.
The possibilities are endless!
We packed a camp lunch with three containers for example:
The lunch we packed in our OOTS! deluxe lunchbox contains:
- a Chobani Blueberry tube yogurt
- two spider man peanut butter sandwiches
- an egg
- cucumbers and carrots
It fit perfectly in our lunchbox:
I even added a thin ice pack on top of the yogurt tube before closing it.
So to sum up -->
- Hard plastic exterior = no squished food, very durable
- Sleek design = appealing to both kids and adults
- 5 lunch containers = very versatile! Can grow with your child!
- Water bottle strap = bring any drink container to school/work
- The containers are dishwasher safe, microwave safe and freezer safe!
Things to consider:
- The lunchbox does not come with an ice pack. I added thin ice packs to the lunches I packed without issue but once the lunchbox is fully packed there is little to no room for an ice pack. Not an issue if you have access to a refrigerator at school or work but something to consider!
- The lunchbox is big. This lunchbox is much bigger then the regular lunchbox but this was not an issue for us since my kids loved carrying by itself!
- The containers are not leak proof which means you have to be careful when packing yogurt or applesauce. Again, not an issue for us since my kids don't swing or throw their lunchboxes but I could see this being an issue if the lunchbox is placed on it's side in your kids cubby.
OVERALL: We loved trying this lunchbox and it appealed to everyone in the family! I will definitely pack this lunchbox regularly and it will be perfect as well for outings like museum visits and packing lunch for picnics at the park.
Ready to pack an OOTS! deluxe lunchbox for yourself?
The lunchbox comes in a variety of colors:
And you get your choice of which one you would like to win!
Open to US Residents only! Winner will be notified via email and has 48h to respond before a new winner is drawn.