Today's lunch for Mama (that's me) is filled with left overs. The kids have the next two days off and I did not plan any lunchbox food...But, I have to eat so I packed what we had left over from last night's dinner.
My Monbento is packed full of:
- an un-sloppy Joe* pocket
- grape tomatoes
- left over pretzels and\
- a few dried cranberries
* I found the original recipe on the Pillsbury website. I simply subbed a few healthier choices and doubled the recipe to guarantee left overs. This fed 6 hungry people for dinner and for a small lunch.
- 2 lbs of ground chicken
- 2 cans of tomato paste with pesto (6oz)
- 2 cups of water
- either two packets of Sloppy Joe seasoning mix or make your own HERE
- 2 Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook ground chicken until thoroughly cooked through.
- Add tomato paste, water and seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Roll out each biscuit into 6 inch rounds.
- Top with 1/3 cup of meat mixture and about 1 TBS of shredded cheese.
- Fold over half of the dough to create a pocket.
- Seal edges with fork.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.