We have had our yubo since the fall and I love packing lunch in it so I wanted to share with you why I like it and give you a chance to win one for yourself!
Today's lunch includes strawberries, blueberries, vanilla yogurt and a snowman sandwich decorated with mini chocolate chips, a tiny carrot and a winter hat cupcake topper. I added popcorn snow and cheese snowflakes for a snowy lunch!
But back to the yubo! I bought our yubo last fall on a whim after seeing it online and liking the "old school" lunch box style. I had originally bought the yubo for my first grader because I did not think the older kids would like it. Was I wrong! We currently have a calendar on the fridge showing the days when everyone gets a yubo turn! Even though the yubo was recommended online for kids 3-6 I have to say that my kids are between 3-10 and they all LOVE this yubo. I will have to get more!
I love the lunch box look, the fact that you can change out the face plates (which comes in handy when several kids share the yubo or you want to make sure you can change the look once your child gets older) and the durability of the yubo. My kids are rough on everything and the yubo still looks like new!
It is a little bigger then a regular lunchbox but my kids either carry it or it fits comfortably in their backpacks and lockers!
I love that it comes with these unique containers: two rounds and one sandwich box and that they are easy to open and close (even my 3 year old can handle it). Also since the whole lunch box comes apart and is plastic even if a container was not tightly closed clean up would be easy.
The deluxe yubo lunch box also comes with an ice pack and there are several things I like about it: 1) Most lunch boxes don't come with a fitting ice pack which makes it often difficult to find ice packs that fit.
2) The yubo ice pack fits snuggly into the box and I love that it covers the entire box so I can feel comfortable that all the food in the lunch box stays cold.
3) I even love this ice pack so much I often use it when we are on the go in my cooler or in different lunch boxes if needed. A really good feature of this lunch box!
And now my absolutely favorite part:
At the end of the day the yubo comes completely apart and you can simply put it in the dishwasher! I wipe the faceplates down with a wet cloth and remove them before I put the rest of the pieces in the dishwasher. I really love this about the yubo! No more dirty lunch bags, scrubbing yogurt, applesauce or ranch dip out of all the lunch bag folds. Put it in the dishwasher and let it do the job!
So to sum up:
What I love about the yubo:
- dishwasher safe
- interchangeable face plates
- a variety of leak proof containers
- fabulous ice pack
- durable and eco-friendly
Some things to consider:
- There is no room for a drink in the yubo so you either need to buy their drink holder which attaches to the yubo or send in a drink separately - not a big deal in my book since the drink holder is only $5.95 and enables you to send in a reusable water bottle instead or disposable juice containers which I prefer.
- It is slightly bigger them a regular lunch box especially with the drink holder attached but my kids love carrying it to school and we never had any issues fitting it into their backpacks and lockers.
Open to U.S. Residents only. Please do not enter if you have received free products from yubo in the last 3 month. Make sure to leave your email address! I will email the winner on Friday. You have 48 hours to respond or I will have to re-draw a winner. No exceptions!
Also, make sure to check back! I will post a coupon code so all of you who did not win can still get a yubo with a discount!