ECOlunchboxes added a new bento box to their collection: The Tri Bento. I am excited to review it and I am also hosting a giveaway so stay tuned until the end of the post!
The Tri Bento ECOlunchbox is made of food-grade Stainless Steel 205. It is made in India in a family-owned factory ECOlunchboxes has worked with since it's beginning. Therefore the Tri Bento is plastic-free, lead-free, BPA-free, phthalate-free and waste-free!
I immediately liked the tiffin style of the lunchbox! It reminded me of lunch containers used in India and the old fashioned metal lunch containers used in the 50's. However with a lot more beauty and style!
The Tri Bento is a larger lunch box .Each layer holds about 1 1/2 cups for a total capacity of about 4 3/4 cups of food. The larger size of this container makes it appropriate for either adults or children who like to pack a larger lunch.
The only issue I had was that my kids could not easily open the Tri Bento. However, the clips can be adjusted to desired stiffness. For very small children, the clips may be loosened using pliers. Adults may prefer clips very snug. For more information about how to adjust the clips, visit the ECOlunchboxes FAQ page. This is a great tip as well if you have other ECOLunchboxes with clips.
After adjusting the clips to make them slightly looser.
Success! My 4 year old was able to open the box by herself after I adjusted the clips.
Our first Tri Bento lunch was packed for my preschooler to show you that this would even work for smaller kids (it held enough for lunch and a snack):
- cucumber trees, carrots and cucumber flowers
- a snack layer with grapes, crackers and cheese
- as well as a round Nutella sandwich
And how does it all stack up?
We packed and layered as following:
- the sandwich
- the veggies
- the snack
- the packed lunchbox
- elegant tiffin style lunch box
- big capacity and therefore versatile (for adults and kids)
- clips are kid tested and can be adjusted. Pinch safe!
- plastic-free, lead-free, BPA-free, phthalate-free and waste-free
- highly durable
- dishwasher safe
Things to think about:
- The lunchbox is definitely on the bigger side but that also means that with a few dividers and silicone cups you can pack for a smaller appetite and the lunchbox grows with your child.
- The Tri Bento is not leak proof! All runny ingredients like applesauce and yogurt have to be packed separately.
- The lunchbox does not fit into all standard lunch bags. However, ECOlunchboxes offers a matching lunch bag which if purchased as a set is only $5 more and they come in beautiful color combinations:
Would you love to win a Tri Bento ECOlunchbox? Enter my giveaway here:
Open only to US Residents. Winner will be notified via email and has 24 h to claim their prize before a new winner is drawn.
Disclaimer: ECOlunchboxes sent me the Tri Bento to review. However, I was not compensated for this post and all opinions are my own!