After all the recent mold and maggot reports in Baby and Kid food pouches I decided that our apple sauce and pudding food pouches have to be replaced. At first, this did not seem to be an issue since you can find a lot of different food pouch choices on Amazon and I still have cute animal ones for my 4 year old. But exactly that became the problem. My boys did not want to tote around penguins and clearly marked reusable baby food pouches - not cool, Mom! So I searched the Internet for plain and "older kid friendly" food pouches and surprisingly found very little. Granted food pouches are not really marketed towards older kids. If you do have a picky eater or sensory kid however who would enjoy a smoothie, pudding or apple sauce if it was in a pouch then you have little choice.
Thankfully, I did find the great people at Nourish with Style and they were generous enough to send me some of their pouches to try out!
Look at these colors! I loved them - box and all - as soon as they arrived at my door!
Nourish sent me both of their designs: the blue chevron food pouch and the polka dot food pouch. They are sold separately in 5, 10 and 20 packs. Plus, pink chevron is coming soon!
The ultimate test of course was the lunch box test since my daughter already announced that they are all hers (Sorry, honey!).
We love them! They are plain enough to send with your growing child but not as expensive as others so if one gets lost they are not irreplaceable. Thumbs up from our family!
This lunch was packed in a Laptop Lunches bento box and contains a home made Lunchable:
- rolled ham
- grape tomatoes and
- a Nourish with Style food pouch filled with all natural applesauce
I like that they are very easy to clean and fill due to their wide opening! No need for a filling station or funnel! Just spoon or pour right into the pouch!
TIP: Do not overfill! Test first if the pouch will close before adding to much food and causing a spill!
Caps and spoon attachments from disposable pouches will fit these!
TIP: the first time you open the pouch cap it will sound and look like the disposable ones! I have had questions about this before! They will close securely after the first opening!
Here are my Pros and Cons:
- Sold in packs of 5, 10, or 20 so you can buy a few or a lot
- Phthalate Free, Latex Free, Lead Free, BPA Free
- 5 ounce size
- can be warmed and frozen
- design is appealing to all ages
- easy to clean and fill
- work with caps and spoon attachments of disposable food pouches if you saved them
Things to consider:
- as Nourish says themselves: These pouches are awesome, but they're not Fort Knox. If overfilled, stepped on, misused, mishandled or closely scrutinized by a brilliant toddler mind - spills, squirts, and explosions could ensue. Watch the caps as they can be a choking hazard. As with anything, use common sense and enjoy!
And now the fun part: Want to win a 5 pack? Enter here:
This giveaway is open to US Residents only!
Disclaimer: Nourish with Style sent me a 5-pack of their food pouches for review. However all opinions are my own.